Friday, June 19, 2009

2009 First day High

Teaching has always been draining for me. It's an emotional roller coaster so when I was offered asian civilization in U.V. Banilad for nursing students, I grabbed the chance as it would mean getting a breathe of fresh environment. Nursing students are easier to teach as their comprehension is better than some.

This semester the Institutional Monitoring and Evaluation for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (IQuAME), under the CHED, will be visiting the Main Campus of the U.V. They would even drop by at the least expected time, we faculty members must be prepared (cue in the song 'be prepared' from the movie Lion King! I loved that film.)

I have to make changes to my method of class record making. The Dean wanted me to make it in such a way that even non teachers would understand how the grade was computed. Am I the only teacher in the CAS department that uses MS-Excel in computing grades?

I don't know but maybe going old school is cool sometimes, don't you think?

I just hope to be the best at what I do even if at times people would hate me for it.

On a related note, it was ego massaging to know that some students would always ask me if I would handle their subject; some would even go as far as adding my teaching load to their courses. I have not seen any of them this week though, it might be safe to say that I was Punked!

I hope to improve my batting average of giving grades as some say 'tihik daw ko sa grades' which is not true but then again I will do my best.

If you have been following my blog, aside from my dutiful girlfriend, you would have noticed that the themes of pictures for the blog are totally unrelated to the contents of the post. I intentionally made it like that to make it more fun and amusing.

So know you understand the mystery of the *******

No comments:

Post a Comment